Dueck Auto Group is one of Canada’s largest automotive dealerships with three locations in the Greater Vancouver Area – Dueck on Marine, Dueck Downtown, and Dueck Richmond.
Since its founding in Vancouver in 1926, Dueck Auto Group has been committed to delivering exceptional quality and customer service. As a family-owned and operated company, we have a long-standing commitment to supporting the community.
Our organization currently employs over 400 hard-working and dedicated individuals. We encourage career growth through continuous training and professional development. Dueck Auto Group is constantly growing and looking for individuals who can contribute to our business operations today and into the future. We provide highly competitive compensation plans and offer extended health and dental benefits to our employees. We welcome you to join our dynamic and innovative team.
The Service Technician is a professional and technically skilled individual responsible for diagnosing, repairing, and maintaining customer vehicles. This role requires an extensive range of knowledge and skills necessary to repair vehicle systems including engines, steering, braking, wheels, tires, drivetrains, suspension, electronics, heating, air conditioning (HVAC), ventilation, restraints, trim, and accessories. Air brake endorsement is an asset. Reporting directly to the Service Manager, the Service Technician works closely with the Service Consultants to ensure customer satisfaction and operational efficiency in the Service Department.
- Review, interpret, and complete a variety of documents
- Conduct vehicle inspections and tests to determine diagnosis
- Report any additional safety or service repairs needed to the relevant parties
- Perform vehicle repairs and service according to dealership and GM factory standards
- Complete road tests to evaluate the quality of repairs
- Promptly send completed work order to Service Tower
Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned or modified as necessary throughout the course of your employment.
Cultural Skills & Requirements
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and maintain professionalism during high-volume periods
- Detail-orientated and conscientious work ethic
- Self-driven to work independently with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment
Technical Skills & Requirements
- Valid Red Seal certification required
- Minimum 1-2 years of service technician experience
- Diesel engine experience is required
- Air brake endorsement is an asset
- Physically capable of properly lifting up to 25 kg (55 lbs)
- Valid BC driver’s licence required and comfortable operating manual transmission vehicles
- Commitment to continuous learning to update industry knowledge
The Dueck on Marine Service Department is open to customers six days a week—Monday to Friday from 7am to 6pm and Saturday from 8am to 5pm. This is a full-time position. On occasion you may be required to work extended hours, including weekends, in order to meet deadlines based on the needs of the business.
Join our Team
There is no time like the present—we encourage all qualified candidates to apply by submitting resume. We thank you in advance for your application. Only those considered for the position will be contacted for an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.