Website Dueck Downtown
The Service Consultant (Advisor) is a professional, customer-orientated, and technically knowledgeable individual responsible for meeting with customers to determine the extent of the automotive service required. The primary responsibility is to create a positive service experience for customers throughout the entire process by providing accurate estimates, clear explanations, and continuous updates. Reporting directly to the Service Manager, the Service Consultant ensures customer satisfaction in the Service Department.
The Service Consultant follows the general procedure below for each customer, requiring continuous vehicle progress tracking and advanced time management skills.
- Greet- Promptly greet all customers in a friendly and professional manner while determining and assisting with their needs
- Examine- Conduct a walk-around inspection for each vehicle while actively listening to customer explanations, concerns, and inquiries and accurately record the relevant information on the work order
- Estimate- Calculate and prepare detailed cost and time estimates for the repair services
- Assign- Send clear and concise work orders to the Service Tower for technician scheduling
- Explain- Clearly explain all technical issues identified found with the vehicle, as well as the necessary work completed and recommend additional repairs, parts, and services
- Track- Continuously check in with technicians for vehicle progress and update customers accordingly with approximate work completion times to ensure optimal CSI ratings
- Connect- Increase retention and maintain positive customer relationships by conducting post-service phone calls to ensure that customers are satisfied with their service and encourage completion of the General Motors Service Survey to evaluate the service experience
- Troubleshoot- Resolve any conflicts or complaints with customers in a respectful and courteous manner, while informing Service Manager of escalated issues as necessary
Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned or modified as necessary throughout the course of your employment.
Cultural Skills & Requirements
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to clearly translate technical information into language that the customer can understand
- Ability to prioritize and maintain professionalism during high-volume periods
- Adaptable and responsive to changing circumstances with creative problem-solving abilities
- Self-driven to work independently with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment
Technical Skills & Requirements
- Minimum one year of service consultant/advisor experience and previous experience in the automotive industry
- Technical vehicle knowledge is required
- Post-secondary training and automotive service training is an asset
- Mathematically adept to provide accurate estimates
- Commitment to continuous learning to update industry knowledge
- Valid BC driver’s licence required (comfortable operating manual transmission vehicles)
The Service Department is open to customers six days a week—Monday to Friday from 7am to 6pm and Saturday from 8am to 5pm. This is a full-time position Tuesday to Saturday from 9am to 6pm. On occasion you may be required to work extended hours, including weekends, in order to meet deadlines based on the needs of the business.
Dueck Auto Group is one of Canada’s largest automotive dealerships with three locations in the Greater Vancouver Area – Dueck on Marine, Dueck Downtown, and Dueck Richmond.
Since its founding in Vancouver in 1926, Dueck Auto Group has been committed to delivering exceptional quality and customer service. As a family-owned and operated company, we have a long-standing commitment to supporting the community.
Our organization currently employs over 400 hard-working and dedicated individuals. We encourage career growth through continuous training and professional development. Dueck Auto Group is constantly growing and looking for individuals who can contribute to our business operations today and into the future. We provide highly competitive compensation plans and offer extended health and dental benefits to our employees. We welcome you to join our dynamic and innovative team.
Join our Team
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply by submitting a cover letter and resume. We thank you in advance for your application. Only those considered for the position will be contacted for an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.