Dueck Auto Group is seeking an automotive enthusiast who is willing to learn and grow with the Dueck Team. This is an entry level position leading to full Automotive Glass Technician certification.
The Glass Apprentice is a self-motivated, punctual and reliable individual with a strong work ethic and desire to learn through hands-on work experience. The main responsibility is to assist the Glass Technician with various aspects of the automotive glass installation process including windshield and door glass replacements, glass chips, and customer paperwork. Reporting directly to the Glass Technician, the Glass Apprentice ensures that all assigned tasks are completed accurately and efficiently.
- Complete the training program to learn automotive glass replacement techniques
- Assist the Glass Technician with automotive glass installation and repair tasks
- Complete assigned tasks with accuracy and efficiency
- Support the Body Shop department with additional duties as assigned
- Learn and follow company safety policy and procedures at all times
- Commit to continuous learning to update industry knowledge
Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned or modified as necessary throughout the course of your employment.
Social Skills & Requirements
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and maintain professionalism during high-volume periods
- Self-driven to work independently with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment
- Detail-orientated and conscientious work ethic
- Ability to problem-solve and find creative solutions
Technical Skills & Requirements
- Valid BC driver’s licence required with a clean driver’s abstract (manual transmission experience is an asset)
- Experience with hand tools is a strong asset
- Experience in the automotive sector is preferred
- Post-secondary training and automotive training is an asset
- Ability to properly lift up to 18 kg (40 lbs) on a regular basis and comfortable with standing for long periods of time
This is a full-time position at our Dueck on Marine location. On occasion you may be required to work extended hours in order to meet deadlines based on the needs of the business.
Dueck Auto Group is one of Canada’s largest automotive dealerships with three locations in the Greater Vancouver Area – Dueck on Marine, Dueck Downtown, and Dueck Richmond.
Since its founding in Vancouver in 1926, Dueck Auto Group has been committed to delivering exceptional quality and customer service. As a family-owned and operated company, we have a long-standing commitment to supporting the community.
Our organization currently employs over 400 hard-working and dedicated individuals. We encourage career growth through continuous training and professional development. Dueck Auto Group is constantly growing and looking for individuals who can contribute to our business operations today and into the future. We provide highly competitive compensation plans and offer extended health and dental benefits to our employees. We welcome you to join our dynamic and innovative team.
Join our Team
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply by submitting a resume. We thank you in advance for your application. Only those considered for the position will be contacted for an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.