Dueck Auto Group is one of Canada’s largest automotive dealerships with three locations in the Greater Vancouver Area – Dueck on Marine, Dueck Downtown, and Dueck Richmond.
Since its founding in Vancouver in 1926, Dueck Auto Group has been committed to delivering exceptional quality and customer service. As a family-owned and operated company, we have a long-standing commitment to supporting the community.
Our organization currently employs over 400 hard-working and dedicated individuals. We encourage career growth through continuous training and professional development. Dueck Auto Group is constantly growing and looking for individuals who can contribute to our business operations today and into the future. We provide highly competitive compensation plans and offer extended health and dental benefits to our employees. We welcome you to join our dynamic and innovative team.
The Body Shop (Collision Repair) Technician is a mechanically skilled individual with a conscientious work ethic who is responsible for restoring customers’ damaged vehicles to normal working conditions and appearances. This is an integral role within the Body Shop Department as the primary responsibility is to complete the appropriate repairs and/or replacement of parts and structures. Reporting directly to the Body Shop Manager, the Body Shop Technician works closely with the Collision Estimator to ensure that customer vehicles are repaired properly and in the most time-efficient manner.
- Review work orders, evaluate necessary work, and write re-inspections
- Dismantle and inspect vehicles to diagnose external and internal damage
- Replace damaged parts
- Repair or replace welded panels
- Frame repairs
Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned or modified as necessary throughout the course of your employment.
Cultural Skills & Requirements
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to maintain professionalism and composure during high-volume periods
- Ability to problem-solve and find creative solutions
- Self-driven to work independently with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment
Technical Skills & Requirements
- Strong attention to detail
- Valid Red Seal certification required
- Minimum 2 years experience in automotive collision repairs
- Aluminum repairs (will train the right candidate)
- Physically capable of properly lifting up to 25 kg (55 lbs)
- Valid BC driver’s licence required
- Commitment to continuous learning to update industry knowledge
The Dueck on Marine Body Shop Department is open to customers five days a week—Monday to Friday from 8am to 5:30pm. This is a full-time position from Monday to Friday. On occasion you may be required to work extended hours in order to meet deadlines based on the needs of the business.
Join our Team
There is no time like the present—we encourage all qualified candidates to apply by submitting a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank you in advance for your application. Only those considered for the position will be contacted for an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.